Tired of costly branch office downtime? Lantronix SLB provides real time visibility and control over branch office IT equipment securely and quickly. Without ever leaving your desk.
Consolidated Hybrid Management Solution for the “Distributed IT” Environment
Personnel in offices apart from corporate headquarters often face unique challenges when it comes to managing IT equipment such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, PBX and UPS systems. Often, there is no dedicated or on-site system administrator. Therefore, when issues with networked equipment arise, they require a consultant or excessive phone time with corporate technical support – both adding cost and potentially extending downtime. With the newly redesigned Lantronix SLB secure branch office manager, these are no longer concerns. System and Network administrators can remotely control and manage console and power (on/off/reboot) of IT equipment anytime, anywhere.
Secure Lantronix Branch Office Manager (SLB)
By consolidating two essential functions it saves space, simplifies deployment and lowers the cost of managing a “distributed IT” environment.
Console & Power Management In One
The Lantronix SLB is ideal for locations with a handful of servers and/ or networked devices and where there is little or no on-site IT staff, such as branch offices or campus environments. The SLB supports a variety of industries including banking, finance, insurance, healthcare, retail sales, hospitality and education. It delivers secure remote console and power management (on/off/reboot) for up to eight devices. A total out-of-band solution, the SLB enables administrators to centrally monitor, manage and troubleshoot IT equipment even if the network or Internet is down.
Built Specifically for the Branch Office
Because the Lantronix SLB integrates console and power management into a single unit, satellite facilities are not forced to purchase separate solutions that are designed for the enterprise data center which can be excessive for the remote branch office.
Enterprise IT Security for the Branch
Because protecting IT assets is a top priority, Lantronix SLB provides SSH/SSL data encryption and features NIST-certified AES encryption. It also supports remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place. For added protection, it includes a firewall that filters connection attempts to a specified IP address, port, or protocol based on a defined rule set.
Easy to Deploy and Use
The Branch Office Manager is very simple to set up. After connecting the unit and assigning an IP address locally, administrators back at corporate can do the complete configuration remotely. A front panel LCD with keypad, “quick setup” Web interface and a command line interface (CLI) setup script are all available. The comprehensive online help system includes context-sensitive information during configuration and operation.
The Flexible, Scalable and Complete Distributed IT Management Solution
Lantronix SLB can be coupled with a distributed KVM over IP switch to add BIOS-level server management. Together they are a flexible, scalable and affordable solution for managing distributed IT assets. Spider delivers secure, non-blocked access to servers without the need for any additional client software. With a server-powered, zero-U design, it takes no rack space and does not require an external power supply.
New: LTE Cellular Connectivity Kit
The Lantronix delivers mission-critical LTE connectivity as a failover solution to protect your data center and branch office out-of-band management infrastructure against landline failure. With new automatic fail-over functionality built into your SLB Branch Office Manager, deployment of a secondary enterprise network connection is simple and quick, and automatic fail-over from a land-line network outage is seamless.
- Features & Specifications for Lantronix SLB
- Accessibility In-Band (Ethernet) – Dual Ethernet ports;Out-of-Band (Local terminal, USB Modem or Internal Modem);
- Security and Authentication Secure Shell (SSH v1, v2, Public Key);Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v3, TLS v1);Packet filtering (firewall);Per port user permissions;Configurable user rights;Remote authentication: LDAP, Active Directory, NIS, RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+;
- Serial Device Port Access Telnet/SSH to command line;Telnet/SSH/RAW-TCP direct to IP address and port number;Web Telnet /SSH;Multiple concurrent Telnet/SSH sessions;Simultaneous access on the same port;Sun break-safe;Customizable multi-level user menus;
- Data Capture and Notification Port buffering – 256 KB per port;Port logging to local files, USB drive, remote NFS files (simultaneously);Local logging viewable via CIFS;System event logs;Console event notification (e-mail);Event string recognition (RegExp);
- Management Front panel keypad/LCD display for network setup and outlet status;Quick setup and configuration via web or CLI Command line interface (Telnet, SSH, web Telnet/SSH or direct serial);SNMP (MIB II) compatible – v1, v2, v3, custom MIB’s;Diagnostics and port status counters;Configuration audit log;
- Power Management Individual outlet control: on/off/reboot;Configure “power on delay” of individual outlets;Over current monitor/alarm;Per-outlet current consumption measurement;
- Additional Protocols Supported DHCP and BOOTP for dynamic IP address assignment;NTP for time synchronization;FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SCP client for file transfers;DNS for text-to-IP address name resolution;SSH, SSL, Telnet, TCP & UDP, PPP w/PAP/CHAP, NFS and CIFS for connections in and out of the SLB;RIP and RIPv2;
- Environmental Operating Temp: 0°-50°C (32°-122°F);Storage Temp: -20°-70°C (-4°-158°F);Relative Humidity: 10 to 90%, non-condensing;
- Interfaces Network: Two 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ45) Ethernet;Serial Device Ports: 8-Ports, RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps;Power Outlets: 8 NEMA 5-20R Ports, 100-120 VAC;Power Inlets: ; ;SLB882 (100-120 VAC) IEC60320 C20, 50/60 Hz; ;SLB8824 (200-240 VAC) IEC60320 C20, 50/60 Hz; ; ;Console Port: RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps;USB Port: 1.2 or 2.0 (full speed only);Internal Dial-up Modem: v.92, 56K;
- Operating System Embedded Linux;
- Central Management Compatible with Lantronix’ SLM/vSLM central management appliance;
- Power Consumption Less than 30W max;
- Physical Dimensions (LxWxH):30.5 x 43.8 x 4.4cm (12 x 17.25 x 1.75in.), 1U;Weight: 10lbs. maximum, depending on options;Shipping weight: 14lbs. maximum;
- Certification FCC PART 15, VCCI, UL/CUL, NIST-certified implementation of AES (Advanced Encryption Standards) as specified by FIPS-197 (uses SLB-SSH algorithm);
- Warranty 5-year limited warranty;