The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager is the industry’s first modular console server that provides secure remote access to IT equipment, while reducing deployment costs and time.
Did You Know?
Today, many leading IT equipment manufacturers (like Cisco, Brocade, Dell, HPE and others) are moving towards launching USB-only based solutions. The Lantronix SLC 8000 is the industry solution that can support up to 48 high-density USB ports and is compatible with multiple manufacturers’ USB solutions.
Centrally Monitor, Manage, and Troubleshoot
Designed for system administrators, quality and test engineers, the SLC 8000 provides easy, secure administration and management of IT equipment from anywhere and at any time. Users can access the SLC 8000 device ports via Telnet/SSH, or a web browser-based console client without any proprietary software. Any IT asset that provides console or serial port management services can be managed remotely and locally with the same interface and capabilities. The SLC 8000 enables users to leverage the command line interface of most IT equipment for reconfiguring, rebooting and reloading firmware from a single point of contact. This can be done over an in-band network with dual Gigabit Ethernet connections for both public and management networks, or through out-of-band connections including dial-up (optional internal modem, sold separately) and cellular connectivity (PremierWave® XC HSPA+ intelligent gateway, sold separately). Users can securely access and control a wide variety of IT and network equipment, including Linux, Unix or Windows® servers, routers, switches, firewalls, PBXs, UPSs, and even building access devices through their serial ports.
Unique Modular Design Saves You Time and Money
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager’s unique modular chassis allows for easy and cost-effective field upgrades with user-swappable 16 port USB and RS-232 modules — helping you protect your legacy equipment investment and transition to newer USB solutions at your own pace. Need to switch from serial to USB (or support a combination of both)? Expand the number of ports on your console manager (up to 48)? Change from single to dual power supply? All of these are possible with the modular design of SLC 8000. The : with SLC 8000, you have the ability to more easily deploy and upgrade new services and equipment, minimize capital expenditures.
Protecting IT resources is a top priority. The SLC 8000 provides security features such as SSL and SSH for data encryption in addition to remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place. For added protection, the SLC 8000 also includes firewall features to reject connection attempts or block ports and has NIST-certified AES encryption. The SLC 8000 also supports FIPS 140-2 certified mode for government and military applications.
New: LTE Cellular Connectivity Kit
The Lantronix delivers mission-critical LTE connectivity as a failover solution to protect your data center and branch office out-of-band management infrastructure against landline failure. With new automatic fail-over functionality built into your SLB Branch Office Manager, deployment of a secondary enterprise network connection is simple and quick, and automatic fail-over from a land-line network outage is seamless.
- Features & Specifications for SLC 8000
- Accessibility In-Band (10/100/1000 Base – Ethernet) – Dual Ethernet and 1 Gb Dual fiber SFP ports with bonding and IP filtering;Out-of-Band dial-up (Local terminal, Internal Modem or USB Modem), cellular or Wi-Fi;
- Security and Authentication Browser independent HTML5 support for Java-free web based telnet/SSH remote access;Secure Shell (SSH v1, v2, Public Key);Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v3, TLS v1.2);Packet filtering (firewall);Per port user permissions;Configurable user rights and custom groups;Remote authentication: LDAP, RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+, Active Directory, NIS;Local username/password;FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptography (Certificate #1878);
- Serial Device Port Access Software reversible device port pins;Telnet/SSH to SLC command line;Telnet/SSH/RAW-TCP direct to IP address and port number;HTML5 based Java-free web based telnet/SSH remote access;Multiple concurrent Telnet/SSH sessions;Simultaneous access on the same port;No inadvertent “breaks” – Sun break-safe;Customizable multi-level user menus;USB port modem access;Automatic port-initiated connections to network host or neighboring port;Enable terminal login on any device port;SD card and USB;
- Data Capture and Notification Port buffering – 256 KB per port;Port logging to local files, syslog, USB thumb drive, SD card, and NFS share;NFS files (simultaneous);System event logs;Console event notification via email;Event string recognition (RegExp);
- Management Front panel keypad and LCD display for network setup;Quick setup and configuration web interface (SSL);CLI setup script;Command line interface (Telnet, SSH, Web Telnet/SSH or direct serial);SNMP (MIB II) compatible—v1, v2, v3, custom MIB’s;Integrated power management support—Lantronix SLP® and Server Technology PDU;Integrated support for Sensorsoft devices;Diagnostics and port status counters ; ;Performance monitoring utility; ;Packet generation utility; ;Network trace utility; ;Configuration audit log; ; ;Active user list display, port monitoring and timeout;Local subnet search for other SLC’s;Maximum of 352 concurrent users and maximum 10 users per device port at 9600 baudrate (typical);
- Additional Protocols Supported DHCP and BOOTP for dynamic IP address assignment;NTP for time synchronization;FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SCP client for file transfers;DNS for text-to-IP address name resolution;SSH, SSL, Telnet and UDP, PPP with PAP/CHAP, NFS and CIFS for connections in and out of the SLC;IPsec/VPN;RIP and RIPv2;
- Interfaces Network: Dual 10/100/1000 Base-T RJ45 Ethernet, Dual 1 Gb fiber SFP;Devices: 8, 16, 32, 48 Serial, 300 to 230400 bps;Console: RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps;USB 2.0 High Speed, Full Speed, Low Speed;SD card slot: SD and SDHC;
- Operating System Embedded Linux;
- Power Requirements AC model input (single or dual): 100-240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz;DC model input (dual): -20 to –72 VDC;Power consumption: Less than 30W;
- Certification FCC Part 15, CE (EN55022, EN55024, EN60950), CSA, VCCI, UL/CUL, C-Tick, CB Scheme,NIST-certified implementation of AES (Advanced Encryption Standards) as specified by FIPS-197,IPv6 Ready, FIPS 140-2;
- Central Management Compatible with Lantronix’ vSLM central management software;
- Environmental Operating: 0 to 50⁰ C (32 to 122⁰ F), 30 to 90%RH, non-condensing;Storage: -20 to 80⁰ C (-4 to 176⁰ F), 10 to 90%RH, non-condensing;Heat Flow Rate: 68 BTU per hour;
- Physical Front-mid-rear mounting brackets;Dimensions (L x W x H): 30.5 x 43.8 x 4.4 cm (12 x 17.25 x 1.75 in), 1U;Weight: 11.1 lbs. maximum, depending on option;Shipping weight: 15.1 lbs. maximum, depending on option;
- Warranty 3 year limited warranty;